Moonstone is said to be the stone of inner harmony.
Moonstone is said to be the stone of new beginnings and rebirth. As the phases of the moon begin again, the energies of the Moonstone allow the wearer to start anew.
Moonstone Energy & General Meanings: love, inner balance, peace, harmony, intuition, soothing of stress and anxiety, brings about good fortune, enhances passion, and balances the yin and yang.
Stone Variety: Feldspar
Color: White, cream or yellow base, with white, blue, gold or silvery gray inclusions. Often semitransparent with a pale, shimmering reflection
Charkas: 4th Chakra – Heart or 6th Chakra – Third Eye
Astrological Sign: Cancer and Pisces
Some people believe that crystals have life altering heath benefits. Moonstone stones are thought to have the following healing effects:
- Moonstone is an excellent stone to use in meditation to understand oneself helping to achieve inner growth and strength.
- Helps the wearer bring their emotions under control.
- Moonstones promote a natural strong hormonal balance to women, and help alleviate menstrual pain, promotes fertility, and eases pain during childbirth.
- Thought to attract true love to the wearer.
- Beneficial to men in opening the emotional self and to help enhance their feminine side.
- Moonstone is used to sooth stress and anxiety.
- Clears the mind of negative thoughts to enable positive decision making.
- Moonstone’s healing properties are said to promote digestion, to protect against epilepsy, to calm emotions, cure headaches and nose bleeds, and protect against sun stroke.
Origins of Moonstone Crystals:
Ancient people thought that wearing moonstone would enable beautiful dreams. It is regarded as a holy, magical gemstone, and some cultures attribute the moonstone as a symbol of fertility. Moonstone is also known as the “lovers’ stone”, evoking true love.
Moonstone is found in Brazil, Germany, India, Madagascar, Mexico, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Tanzania and the United States. Moonstones from Sri Lanka, the classical country of origin of the moonstone, shimmer in pale blue on an almost transparent background.
Recommended Readings for more information about Moonstone Crystals:
- Healing Crystals and Gemstones by Dr. Flora Peschek-Bohmer and Gisela Schreiber
- Crystals by Jennie Harding
- The Crystal Bible by Judy Hall