Jade is said to be the stone of Serenity, Longevity and Warmth.
Ancient people thought that wearing jade would increase body strength and add longevity, and it is an ancient symbol of love and virtue. The stone is associated with Chinese cultural values like courage, wisdom, mercy, justice, balance and love. People also use Jade as a tool to attract wealth and abundance.
Jade Energy & General Meanings: luck, love, longevity, warmth, serenity, wisdom, protection, tranquility, balance, peace, harmony, knowledge, compassion, wealth.
Stone Variety: Jade is identified as two stones, Jadeite and Nephrite
Color: Range of greens, light to dark, creamy, or grayish. Jades also appear in mottled green and white, but are also found in rare occurrences of yellow, pink, purple, and black.
Anniversary Stone: 12th Wedding
Charkas: 4th Chakra – Heart
Astrological Sign: Pisces
Those who believe in the a New Age philosophy that crystals have life altering heath benefits, say that Jade stones have the following healing effects:
- Jade crystals contain energies that will boost ones good fortune
- Stone of “self” in that it instills self-confidence, assists in self assurance, self reliance, and self sufficiency
- A very powerful healing stone, and it purifies the body and spirit
- Gives strength to fight sickness and disease.
- They say that those who carry Jade carry the love their ancestors.
- Jade stimulates creativity and mental agility
- Jade’s energies have a balancing and harmonizing effect on the wearer.
- Jade is also a protective stone, guarding against accidents and misfortune.
- It is helpful for kidney, heart and stomach ailments
Origins of Jade Crystals:
Jade is identified as two stones, jadeite and nephrite. Jadeite is more rare than nephrite and is therefore regarded as more precious. Nephrite deposits have been found in China, New Zealand, Russia, Guatemala and the Swiss Alps. Dark green jade, so-called Canada jade, is also found in Western Canada. Jadeite is found in China, Russia and Guatemala, but the best stones come from Myanmar.
Recommended Readings for more information about Jade Crystals:
- Healing Crystals and Gemstones by Dr. Flora Peschek-Bohmer and Gisela Schreiber
- Crystals by Jennie Harding
- The Crystal Bible by Judy Hall