Aquamarine is said to be the stone of Courage, Communication and Tranquility
Ancient people thought that wearing aquamarine would prevent them from harm, especially pertaining to safe journeys across the sea. Aquamarine is an ancient symbol of peace and tranquility.
Aquamarine Energy & General Meanings: courage, communication, balance, mediation, success, confidence, purpose, serenity , peace, tranquility, calming, soothing, cleansing.
Stone Variety: Beryl
Color: Ranges in color from an almost colorless pale blue to blue-green or teal. The most prized color is a deep-blue aqua color.
Anniversary Stone: 19th Wedding
Charkas: 5th Chakra – Throat
Astrological Sign: Scorpio
Many people believe in the philosophy that crystals have life altering heath benefits. They say that Aquamarine stones have the following healing effects:
- Thought to protect the throat, spleen, heart, immune system, thymus, lymph nodes.
- Stone of Courage – an aide for helping to be prepared for what may lie ahead. It can be used to guard you against dark forces and elevate your awareness of danger.
- Thought to be a purifying stone that improves circulation and mental awareness
- Helps to remove stress and improves personal relationships and physical health in turn
- Encourages creative verbal expression and harmonious communication
- Aquamarine is said to be effective as a treatment for anxiety
- Soothes powerful feelings such as grief and loneliness
- Believed to endow the wearer with foresight, courage, and happiness
- Will help you keep focused, assisting you in maintaining a persistent path towards your goals
Aquamarine is a vital tool for cleansing and clearing the water element, a symbol of our emotions and feelings. Because the human body is made of of 70 percent water, keeping the element balanced is critical. Aquamarine helps cleanse the water element within, and helps clear away emotional toxicity and bring about inner peace. (Source: Crystals by Jennie Harding)
Origins of Aquamarine Stones:
- According to legend it has its origin in the treasure chest of the mermaids, and has for ages been reputed to be a lucky stone for sailors.
- Aquamarines are also found South America (Brazil), Nigeria, Zambia, Madagascar, Mozambique, Afghanistan and Pakistan
Recommended Readings for more information about Aquamarine stones:
- Healing Crystals and Gemstones by Dr. Flora Peschek-Bohmer and Gisela Schreiber
- Crystals by Jennie Harding
- The Crystal Bible by Judy Hall
Aquamarine Stone Jewelry
Aquamarine description from HealingCrystals.com
Aquamarine is a “Stone of Courage and Protection”. Used often with the Throat Chakra, Aquamarine can be used to promote verbal self-expression. It is often used to enhance spiritual communication and clear communication blocks. Aquamarine is also used to align the all of the chakras and enhance the aura. The metaphysical properties of Aquamarine make it an excellent stone for the spiritual initiate.
Encouraging clarity of thought, Aquamarine can aid in the assimilation of new knowledge, making it a great crystal for students of all kinds. Aquamarine encourages intellectual growth and inner knowledge, opening one up to intuition and the super-conscious mind. Aquamarine is often used to enhance one’s intellectual prowess, helping one to think quickly to come up with solutions on the fly. Many also use Aquamarine to help with reasoning and promote logic. Carrying Aquamarine on one’s person can help to remind the individual to be prepared for most any scenario that could be encountered, given the current set of circumstances.
Aquamarine allows one to look at emotional situations from other perspectives. It can help overcome judgment of others and encourage tolerance. Aquamarine can calm fear and worry, by opening the mind up to understanding the nature of Divine Perfection in the Universe. By helping one to be more sensitive, Aquamarine initiates a connection with the experience of a mass consciousness. Going even further, Aquamarine helps to bring one into the flow of life, enhancing the experience of continuity during one’s existence.
Aquamarine can also work with the Heart Chakra by helping one to realize their innermost truth. Aquamarine facilitates the releasing of old patterns of behavior that no longer serve, and that actually inhibit one’s growth. Aquamarine can also bring peace and calm to the overactive mind, making it a great aid for deepening the meditative state. Meditating with Aquamarine can bring new insights from the higher self to be applied in daily life.
Physically, Aquamarine helps to heal ailments of the throat, including the thyroid and pituitary, and can help to ameliorate diseases of the liver. Aquamarine can also help with allergies by calming an overactive immune system, as well as assisting with other autoimmune disorders.